The lens is the most sensitive part of the thermometer. If it is not perfectly clean (dust, fingerprint) infrared will pass less well through the lens and the measures will inevitably be underestimated.
Make sure the lens is perfectly clean and clean after a long time without use or if the results seem to be underestimated. For this, use a cotton swab slightly moistened with alcohol. Let it dry for at least 30 minutes before taking any further measurements.
To clean the body of the thermometer:
- Use a soft, dry cloth to clean the thermometer screen and the body of the device.
- If it is very dirty, use a soft cloth and alcohol.
- Do not use abrasive cleaners.
- Do not use unspecified methods to disinfect the device.
- The device is not waterproof. Do not use abrasive products to clean it and do not immerse in water or other liquids.